Attorney Avery Adcock
Representing Victims and Families in D.C., Virginia, Maryland, Alabama & West Virginia
Partner at Senior Justice Law Firm
Avery Adcock has dedicated her career to representing victims of abuse and neglect in nursing homes, hospitals and assisted living facilities across the country. Ms. Adcock also handles cases involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death.
Experienced, Passionate and Compassionate Representation
Ms. Adcock understands that for many clients and their families, this is the first time they have ever had to contact an attorney. She understands that you placed your trust in a facility to care for your loved one and feel that you have been lied to or let down. Avery and her team will guide you through each step of the process to ensure that the negligent individual, nursing home or medical provider is held accountable. At Senior Justice Law Firm, we devote the same time and attention to each case as if it was our loved one who suffered abuse or neglect at the hands of the facility.
With every resolution Avery obtains, she hopes to shed light on some of the systemic issues that have plagued the nursing home industry for years. A recognized speaker on the topic of elder abuse and neglect, Avery educates other attorneys across the country with the overall goal of improving the quality of care in nursing homes and healthcare facilities nationwide.
Before joining Senior Justice Law Firm, Ms. Adcock was a trial attorney in the nursing home litigation department of a prominent plaintiff’s personal injury law firm, litigating cases against nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. Ms. Adcock has successfully recovered millions of dollars for families effected by elder abuse, neglect and negligence.
A Virginia native, Avery is very active in her community and serves on the board of the District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association and Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. She also is involved in the Maryland Association for Justice.
Avery Adcock serves as pro bono counsel for AARP’s Legal Counsel for the Elderly’s Pro Bono Access to Justice Practice, which handles a multitude of civil legal issues affecting D.C., Virginia and Maryland residents with limited means, such as ensuring that seniors receive public benefits like Medicaid.
When she is not in court advocating for vulnerable senior citizens, Ms. Adcock enjoys traveling, running, watching Alabama football, and spending time with her husband and dog, Hemingway.
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Assisted Living Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Home Health Aide Neglect
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
- BA., The University of Alabama, cum laude
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities
- District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association — Board of Governors; Chair-Education Committee; Women’s Caucus
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association — Board of Governors; Young Trial Lawyers Chair-Elect; Long-Term Care Litigation Group; Women’s Caucus
- American Association for Justice — Nursing Home Litigation Group; Women’s Trial Lawyer Caucus-Convention Committee; New Lawyers Division
- Maryland Association for Justice — Nursing Home Section
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Long-Term Care Litigation Retreat — “Locating and Using Nursing Home Documentation” (2019)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Advanced Auto Retreat — “Using HITECH to Request and Obtain Medical Records” (2019)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Webinar — “Obtaining Medical Records after Ciox v. Azar” (2020)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Webinar — “Going Virtual in Your Law Practice” (2020)
Contact Attorney Avery Adcock Today
Washington DC: (202) 899-3111
Southern Virginia: (757) 530-4255
Baltimore: (410) 934-3988
Legal Assistant: Jasmine@SeniorJustice.com
Senior Justice Law Firm
Attention: Avery Adcock, Esq.
7700 Congress Avenue
Boca Raton, FL 33487