Trusted Boca Raton Hospital Malpractice Attorneys Ready To Assist You
Hospitals are a place we associate with healing and cutting edge care. Recent studies suggest otherwise. Hospital errors and negligence are now in the top 3 causes of death in Americans, and you are 3 times more likely to die if you go to a ‘bad’ hospital versus a ‘good’ hospital. With alarming statistics like these, it is important that every patient of Boca Raton area hospitals understands that when hospital nurses and staff neglect a patient, the hospital is responsible for the bad outcome.
Boca Raton Hospitals: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
The Boca area is home to several acute care and long term care hospitals, including:
- Boca Regional Hospital
- West Boca Medical Center
- Delray Medical Center
- Northwest Medical Center
- Broward Health North
- Bethesda Hospital
So which of the above facilities is the best hospital in Boca? It really depends on what you are looking for. Some hospitals excel in cardiology while others are better for post-operative rehabilitation. Regardless of their specialties and safety rating, our Boca Raton hospital malpractice attorney has handled malpractice claims against every one of the above Boca hospitals. If you suspect you or a family member were a victim of hospital negligence, speak with our attorneys now to learn more about your options.
Boca Raton Hospital Malpractice Injuries
Hospitals care for a wide variety of ill patients. Due to this wide assortment of treatment, hospital negligence can involve an infinite number of injuries. Just because your specific injury does not appear below does not preclude you from bringing a hospital negligence claim against a Boca Raton facility. However, some of the more common hospital injuries resulting in litigation are:
- Bed Sores and Decubitus Ulcers,
- Falls and Broken Bones,
- Medication Errors,
- Nursing negligence,
- Doctor Malpractice, and
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis.
Boca Hospital Negligence Questions + Answers
- I think a nurse is responsible for my injury. Is the hospital liable for the nurse’s negligence?
- Traditionally, yes. Through the legal theory of respondeat superior, if a hospital employs the nurse and the nurse was negligent, the hospital is responsible.
- I believe a doctor was negligent during my hospitalization. Is the hospital responsible for the doctor’s negligence?
- This is a more complicated question to answer than the one posed about a hospital’s responsibility for its nurse. Usually, Florida hospitals do not employ their doctors. Instead, these doctors are ‘independent contractors.’ Boca area hospitals may still be held liable for their doctors through the legal theory of agency. This is important because in catastrophic injury cases where Boca doctors are uninsured or underinsured, it will become necessary to explore the potential liability of the hospital for its doctor. The hospital will inevitable move to dismiss the claim, citing that the hospital does not employ the doctor. Our attorneys have successfully held hospitals responsible for doctor negligence, despite those doctors being independent contractors.
- My family member died as a result of hospital negligence in the Boca Raton area. Can I still sue the hospital if they have passed on?
- Yes, you can bring a medical malpractice wrongful death claim under Chapter 766 of the Florida Statutes, provided that you have statutory survivors under 768.21(8) (a surviving spouse or children under the age of 25).
- How should I select a lawyer for my Boca hospital malpractice claim?
- There is no shortage of lawyers in South Florida, and we are aware of this. We encourage you to read our About Us page and learn more about our firm, our lawyers’ experience with hospital negligence litigation and why we care about what we do. We also encourage you to call us and set up an in-person meeting with our attorneys. Treat the meeting like a job interview where you are the boss. Find a Boca Raton hospital malpractice lawyer with whom you feel confident and comfortable. Remember, you only have one opportunity to bring your claim.
- I suspect my loved one was neglected and injured at the hospital. What do I do now?
- First, secure immediate medical treatment for your family member. Next, call our Boca Raton hospital negligence lawyers now at 561-717-0817 for your free hospital injury case consultation.
Our Boca Raton Hospital Malpractice Law Firm Location
Meet our Boca Raton hospital negligence attorneys today at our conveniently located Boca office. There is no obligation and the consultation is 100% free. Call us today to schedule your free consultation.