Attorney Michael J. Brevda, Esq.
Managing Partner; Senior Justice Law Firm
Attorney Michael Brevda focuses his practice on representing victims of nursing home abuse, serious personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice.
Michael Brevda is a trial lawyer with a reputation for success. He is passionate about pursuing justice for his wrongfully injured clients and their families. Over the years, Mr. Brevda has recovered tens of millions of dollars for his clients and their families. He has represented countless victims of nursing home abuse across Florida, New York, D.C. and other states. Mr. Brevda has received national media coverage and is regularly interviewed for his knowledge in this field of law. He has also served as an arbitrator in nursing home abuse litigation. Mr. Brevda lectures nationally to other trial lawyers on personal injury trial strategies and has authored several published legal articles on nursing home negligence, traumatic brain injury cases and wrongful death claims.
Attorney Michael Brevda’s Awards and Honors
Attorney Michael Brevda is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, receiving the highest rating from other members of the bar and judiciary on his professional capability and ethics. He was also awarded the Martindale-Hubbell ‘Client Champion‘ Gold and Platinum award for his zealous advocacy on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Brevda became a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum in 2012 after serving as lead counsel in a case where the Plaintiff was awarded in excess of $1 million. He has earned several accolades by Florida Trend Magazine, including being named to Legal Elite’s list as an “Up and Comer” and “Top Lawyer.” Beginning in 2014, Michael was recognized as one of Florida’s Top 40 Under 40 Plaintiff lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, he was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine. He was also awarded the Client’s Choice Award by Avvo every year since 2013 for his consistent track record of client satisfaction. Attorney Brevda was recognized as a Top Attorney by Avvo.
In 2020, Mr. Brevda was recognized nationally by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Lawyer. In 2021, Mr. Brevda was recognized for professional excellence by Daily Business Review magazine as an On the Rise attorney to watch; an award reserved for just 23 attorneys across all practice areas.
Michael Brevda is a South Florida native. Mr. Brevda received his Juris Doctorate and Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Florida. While at UF, he was chosen for membership in Florida Blue Key and was inducted into the University of Florida Hall of Fame. He resides in Delray Beach with his wife and kids.
Michael Brevda takes pride in being available to his clients and providing the one-on-one attention every case deserves. Attorney Brevda’s guiding principle in practicing law is to always do what is best for his clients. Michael’s glowing former client reviews evidence a long history of going above and beyond client expectations. While no attorney can guarantee any result, Michael Brevda works tirelessly on cases he accepts and aggressively pursues justice for his wrongfully injured clients. Attorney Brevda understands that life-changing injuries require specialized knowledge and consideration from an experienced attorney. He has molded Senior Justice Law Firm to reflect this culture of a client-first mindset.
Speak with Mr. Brevda now by using the chat feature below, or call us toll-free at 888-375-9998.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Assisted Living Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Serious Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- University of Florida, B.S.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
Awards & Honors
- AV Rated by Attorneys and Judges for Highest Level of Professional Excellence – Martindale Hubbell
- Top 10 Nursing Home Trial Lawyer – The National Trial Lawyers
- On the Rise Attorney – Daily Business Review, 2021
- ‘Client Champion’ Gold Award Recipient for Demonstrating an Ongoing Commitment to Client Satisfaction – Martindale Hubbell
- ‘Client Champion’ Platinum Award Recipient for Demonstrating an Ongoing Commitment to Client Satisfaction – Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Trend Legal Elite “Up & Comers” (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 40 Under 40 – The National Trial Lawyers (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Client’s Choice Award – Avvo (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Florida’s Top Lawyers – Florida Trend Magazine
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Lifetime Member – Inducted 2012)
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities
- Florida Bar
- Trial Lawyers Section
- American Association For Justice
- Nursing Home Litigation Group
- Florida Justice Association
- Nursing Home Committee
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- New York Bar
- Washington D.C. Bar
Lectures / Presentations
- Lecturer: Nursing Home Abuse Litigation in a Post-Covid World, Bench Bar (2021)
- Panel Member: Nursing Home Abuse Litigation: How to Spot Elder Abuse, Elder Law Panel (2020)
- Lecturer: “Florida Wrongful Death Cases: Do You Have the Right Survivor?” (2017)
- Lecturer: “Florida Nursing Home Abuse Litigation” (2017)
- Lecturer: “Deposing Caretakers in Nursing Home Cases” Florida Justice Association National Webinar (2016)
- Lecturer: “Personal Injury Lawyer’s Perspective on Litigating Brain Injury Cases” Florida Justice Association Medical & Legal Intervention for Catastrophic Injuries (2016)
- Lecturer: “Identifying Bedsores and Other Signs of Neglect” (2014)
- Lecturer: “Your Rights in a Florida Nursing Home” (2011)
Sample Published Legal Articles
- “What to Do When a Loved One Develops Bedsores” Legal Examiner, 2020
- “Recognizing Florida Elder Abuse Cases” The Elder Law Advocate, Florida Bar, Spring 2016
- “Seven Signs of Potential Elder Abuse” Wealth Management Magazine, July 2016 edition.
- “Steps in Pursuing a Florida Nursing Home Neglect Lawsuit” Avvo Legal Guide, November 2014
- “Permanency: No Longer an Ephemeral Concept in Florida Courts” PBCJA Briefings, Spring 2011
Michael Brevda’s Contact Information
Senior Justice Law Firm
7700 Congress Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33487