Nursing Home Abuse Cases Against Consulate Facilities:
Injury inside a Consulate nursing home? Wrongful death at a Raydiant Health Care, Independence Living Centers, and NSPIRE Healthcare nursing home? Let our nursing home abuse lawyers’ decades of experience help you achieve justice against Consulate and its related skilled nursing companies.
Our attorneys regularly handle nursing home negligence cases against Consulate facilities and we are happy to help answer your questions. This includes cases against Raydiant Health Care nursing homes and NSPIRE Healthcare nursing homes.
If you believe your family member was wrongfully injured or died inside a Consulate nursing home, call our experienced attorneys toll-free for your free consultation at 888-375-9998. We will answer your questions for free, and there is never an obligation to make a claim against Consulate. Let our decades of experience work for you. Call us today for your free consultation.
Common Consulate Nursing Home Injuries Resulting in Abuse Claims
- Patient falls resulting in fractures and broken bones.
- Wrongful death claims.
- Pressure sores and bed sores.
- Dehydration and malnutrition.
- Unexplained injuries.
- Medication mistakes and drug errors.
Who Owns Consulate Nursing Homes?
All Consulate nursing homes and assisted living facilities are owned by Consulate Health Care. The Consulate Health Care company had humble beginnings in small town Pennsylvania, but has now grown into the 6th largest long-term care provider in the United States. At its height, Consulate operated more than 200 facilities across 20 states. The services offered by Consulate Health Care include nursing home, rehab, long term care, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Today, Consulate has sold off some of its skilled nursing portfolio. However, the healthcare giant operates, manages, or oversees a series of other healthcare companies. Some of these companies include the brand names Raydiant Health Care, Independence Living Centers, and NSPIRE Healthcare
Consulate Nursing Homes:
Alleged Negligence Lawsuits & Understaffing of Nurses
Understaffing of nurses and CNAs is a major contributor to nursing home neglect injuries. If there are not enough staff to watch after at-risk residents, preventable nursing home injuries occur. Many Consulate Health Care facilities were placed on Florida’s “nursing home watch list” for operating below state standings. Specifically, many Consulate nursing homes were cited for failing to meet the state’s minimum staffing standards. An investigation revealed more than half of Florida Consulate nursing homes were chronically understaffed. This lack of available nurses and CNA’s resulted in Consulate paying almost $2 million in federal and state fines from 2013 to present. In addition to the fines paid, resident care was negatively impacted by the lack of nurses working inside the facility.
Nursing Home Abuse Injury Lawsuit Against Consulate
In the wake of the above understaffing findings, Consulate nursing homes have been sued by individual families for wrongful death and injury claims arising out of nursing home abuse.
The following nursing home negligence claims have been brought against Consulate:
Claim vs. Consulate Health Care of Winter Haven: A nursing home resident’s survivors sued Consulate because the patient died of infections and dehydration 5 days after her discharge from the facility.
Claim vs. Consulate of Lake Parker: A resident of Consulate of Lake Parker nursing home developed a large bedsore and gangrene of their foot. This ultimately resulted in an amputation of their right foot. The patient also suffered dehydration and died on November 25, 2013.
Claim vs. Consulate Health Care of Lakeland: A nursing home abuse claim was brought against Consulate of Lakeland with allegations that nurses allowed a resident to suffer a nursing home fall, resulting in a hip fracture and subsequent wrongful death.
Our Lawyers Understand Consulate Nursing Home Litigation
If your family member was injured or killed due to a Consulate facility’s negligence, it is crucial to understand the corporate ownership of Consulate and its affiliated companies (Raydiant Health Care, Independence Living Centers, and NSPIRE Healthcare). Our lawyers are well-versed in the corporate structure of the Consulate Health Care company. Check the list below to see if your potentially at-fault nursing home is a Consulate facility.
- Bay Breeze Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Baya Pointe Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Consulate Health Care Of Bayonet Point
- Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Bradenton Health Care
- Brandon Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Consulate Health Care Of Brandon
- Health Center at Brentwood
- Central Park Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Colonial Lakes Health Care
- Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Coral Trace Health Care
- Countryside Rehab and Healthcare Center
- Destin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Deltona Health Care
- Dolphins View, The Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Emerald Shores Health and Rehabilitation
- Englewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center · Evans Health Care
- Fletcher Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Fort Pierce Health Care
- Franco Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Governors Creek Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Grand Oaks Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Habana Health Care Center
- Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Harts Harbor Health Care Center
- Heritage Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Heritage Healthcare Center at Tallahassee
- Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Healthcare
- Heron Pointe Health and Rehabilitation
- Hillcrest Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Island Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Consulate Health Care Of Jacksonville
- Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center
- Consulate Health Care Of Kissimmee
- Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Consulate Health Care At Lake Parker
- Consulate Health Care Of Lakeland
- Lakeside Oaks Care Center
- Largo Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Magnolia Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Marshall Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Melbourne, Consulate Health Care Of Melbourne
- New Port Richey, Consulate Health Care Of New Port Richey
- North Florida Rehabilitation and Specialty Care
- North Fort Myers, Consulate Health Care Of North Ft. Myers
- Oakbridge Healthcare Center
- Oaktree Healthcare
- Orange Park, Consulate Health Care Of Orange Park
- Osprey Point Nursing Center
- Palms Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Parks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Pensacola, Consulate Health Care Of Pensacola
- Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center
- Port Charlotte, Consulate Health Care Of Port Charlotte
- Renaissance Health and Rehabilitation
- Rio Pinar Health Care
- Rosewood Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Safety Harbor, Consulate Health Care Of Safety Harbor
- San Jose Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Sarasota, Consulate Health Care Of Sarasota
- Sea Breeze Health Care
- Seaview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Shoal Creek Rehabilitation Center
- Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center
- St. Petersburg, Consulate Health Care Of St. Pete
- Tallahassee, Consulate Health Care Of Tallahassee
- University Hills Health and Rehabilitation
- Vero Beach, Consulate Health Care Of Vero Beach
- Vista Manor Wedge Healthcare Center
- West Altamonte, Consulate Health Care At West Altamonte
- West Palm Beach, Consulate Health Care Of West Palm Beach
- Winter Haven, Consulate Health Care of Winter Haven
- Wood Lake Health and Rehabilitation Center
NSpire Nursing Homes:
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE KENDALL
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE LAUDERHILL
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE MELBOURNE
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE MIAMI LAKES
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE PLANTATION
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE SARASOTA
- NSPIRE HEALTHCARE TAMARAC
Raydiant Nursing Homes:
- RAYDIANT HEALTH CARE OF BRANDON
- RAYDIANT HEALTH CARE OF JACKSONVILLE
- RAYDIANT HEALTH CARE OF NEW PORT RICHEY
- RAYDIANT HEALTH CARE OF NORTH FORT MYERS
- RAYDIANT HEALTH CARE OF ORANGE PARK
Independence Living Center nursing homes:
1. BARDMOOR OAKS HEALTHCARE AND REHAB CENTER
9035 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777
2. BAY BREEZE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER
1026 Albee Farm Road, Venice, FL 34285
3. BRADENTON HEALTH CARE
6305 Cortez Road, West, Bradenton, FL 34210
4. BRENTWOOD RETIREMENT COMMUNITY
1900 West Alpha Court, Lecanto, FL 34461
5. CHIPOLA HEALTH & REHAB CENTER
4294 3rd Avenue, Marianna, FL 32446
6. COLONIAL LAKES HEALTH CARE
15204 West Colonial Drive, Winter Garden, FL 34787
7. COUNTRYSIDE REHAB AND HEALTHCARE CENTER
3825 Countryside Boulevard, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
8. DESTIN HEALTHCARE AND REHAB CENTER
195 Mattie M. Kelly Boulevard, Destin, FL 32541
9. EMERALD SHORES HEALTH AND REHAB
626 North Tyndall Parkway, Callaway, FL 32404
10. HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER AT DOLPHINS VIEW
1820 Shore Drive, South, South Pasadena, FL 33707
11. HEALTH CENTER AT BRENTWOOD
2333 North Brentwood Circle, Lecanto, FL 34461
12. HERITAGE HEALTHCARE CENTER AT TALLAHASSEE
3101 Ginger Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32308
13. LIVING CENTER OF SAFETY HARBOR
1410 Dr. M.L. King Jr. Street North, Safety Harbor, FL 34695
14. LIVING CENTER OF ST. PETERSBURG
9393 Park Boulevard, Seminole, FL 33777
15. LAKESIDE OAKS CARE CENTER
1061 Virginia Street, Dunedin, FL 34698
16. MAGNOLIA HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER
1507 South Tuttle Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34239
17. PERRY OAKS HEALTH CARE
207 Marshall Drive, Perry, FL 32347
18. RIO PINAR HEALTH CARE
7950 Lake Underhill Road, Orlando, FL 32822
19. ROSEWOOD HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER
3920 Rosewood Way, Orlando, FL 32808
20. SHOAL CREEK REHABILITATION CENTER
500 Hospital Drive, Crestview, FL 32539
21. SPRING HILL HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER
12170 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL 34613
22. TALLAHASSEE LIVING CENTER
1650 Phillips Road, Tallahassee, FL 32308
23. THE VILLAS AT LAKESIDE OAKS
1059 Virginia Street, Dunedin, FL 34698
24. UNIVERSITY HILLS HEALTH AND REHABILITATION
10040 Hillview Road, Pensacola, FL 32514
Consulate Down Sizes its Nursing Home Footprint
At its peak, Consulate had 208 buildings across 21 states. Consulate was one of the country’s largest nursing home corporations. Since its rapid growth took off, Consulate Healthcare has faced its share of legal issues, including a bankruptcy filing and a financial settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice.
As of May 2022, Consulate has about 60 facilities spanning Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
Consulate has allegedly sold off its Florida facilities, however, some current board of director members overlap with Consulate board of director members. Florida Consulate facilities were spun off to different smaller chains, including but not limited to Raydiant Health Care, Independence Living Centers, and NSPIRE Healthcare. Despite being separate companies, for many of these “sold” facilities, Consulate remains the corporate office for these newly formed nursing home corporations. It is unclear what, if any, role Consulate plays in managing the operations of nursing homes branded under the names Raydiant Health Care, Independence Living Centers, and NSPIRE Healthcare.
More Questions on Bringing a Claim Against a Consulate Nursing Home?
Call us today for your free consultation at 888-375-9998.
Updated May 2022.