This post has been updated on 2-22-2021.
The Atrium at Boca Raton, located at 1080 NW 15th St, Boca Raton, FL 33486, is a licensed assisted living facility located in central Boca Raton, just south of Glades Road by the Town Center Mall. With 160 beds, the Atrium at Boca is one of the largest ALF’s in Boca Raton. The legal license holder for this facility has been SL Atrium LLC since 2012. The corporate parent company is Senior Lifestyle Corporation. The Atrium at Boca Raton was recently sold for a whopping $21.8 million.
Free Case Consultation
Our Boca Raton assisted living negligence lawyers have experience in pursuing negligence cases against Atrium at Boca Raton.
If you feel your loved one suffered injury or wrongful death inside Atrium at Boca Raton or any other Boca area A.L.F., live chat with our office now, or call our law firm today for your free case consultation:
Inspections and Survey Results of Atrium at Boca Raton
Like all other Florida assisted living facilities, Atrium at Boca Raton is regularly inspected by Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA). Below are some recent survey results.
September 30, 2020 Inspection at The Atrium at Boca Raton
A number of violations were found during this 2020 inspection at Atrium, including:
- failing to safely keep and dispense medication.
- failing to provide staff appropriate training and in-service education.
- failing to maintain records of appropriate background checks for staff.
February 13, 2019 at The Atrium at Boca Raton
An unscheduled surprise complaint survey was conducted recently by AHCA. The Agency found that Atrium at Boca was in violation of 58A-5.026(2) of the Florida Administrative Code, pertaining to emergency management.
September 13, 2016 Survey Results at Atrium at Boca
An unannounced survey inspection conducted on 9/13/2016 revealed multiple deficiencies at the Atrium of Boca Raton ALF.
- Failing to provide access to adequate healthcare for residents.
- Failing to provide the Florida elder abuse hotline number so that residents can report elder abuse.
- Failing to wash and sanitize hands after touching residents.
- Failing to properly administer medication for residents.
- Failing to follow required staff certification guidelines required by the Florida Administrative Code.
September 9, 2015 Survey Inspection Violations
A prior unannounced survey was conducted on 9/9/2015 at Atrium at Boca Raton, revealing the following violations:
- Failing to update resident 1823 forms to ensure the resident is appropriate for continued residency in the assisted living facility.
- Failing to implement appropriate supervision and precautions for at-risk residents.
- Wheelchair transportation negligence resulting in a resident being left on the bus by the facility driver.
- Failing to properly screen background searches on employees.
Lawsuits and Civil Actions Against Atrium at Boca Raton Assisted Living
Prior Facility Lawsuits Against Atrium at Boca Raton
Elaine Iskow v. Atrium Boca Raton
Allegations: This was a facility fall case where it was alleged that Atrium of Boca failed to implement appropriate fall precautions for Elaine, a high fall risk resident. As a result, she suffered at least 10 falls. The last fall occurred on June 30, 2013 and resulted in a broken hip.
« Previous PostNext Post »
*Each case is different. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome or indicate an expected outcome on your particular case. The above prior lawsuit information is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The information is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to substitute for legal advice from an attorney. This individual case information above is publicly filed information gathered from the publicly filed complaint. This information and these cases are not the work of this law firm. The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice on any specific fact or circumstance. Your receipt of such information does not create an attorney-client relationship with this law firm or any of its lawyers. You should not act or rely on any of the information contained herein without seeking professional legal advice. Speak with an attorney immediately if you believe you have a viable case against a nursing home, assisted living facility or medical facility.