ManorCare Delray Beach has been sued in nursing home abuse lawsuits and cited by State of Florida AHCA inspectors for violations. Located at 16200 Jog Road in Delray Beach, FL, the 120 bed facility has faced accountability through civil lawsuits as well as state survey inspections. Our lawyers are experienced in suing ManorCare for negligence and we have personally handled numerous cases against the ManorCare Delray facility.
If you believe you have a potential claim against ManorCare Delray Beach, contact the elder abuse attorneys at Senior Justice Law Firm now to learn about your legal rights: 561-717-0817.
Surveys, Complaints and Inspections at the ManorCare of Delray Beach Facility
June 29, 2017 Survey
A recent survey found the following deficiencies at the ManorCare Delray nursing home:
- Failure to ensure safe discharge for a resident.
- Failure to follow up on a resident who did not return from an outside doctor’s appointment.
- Staff being rude, short and unhelpful with residents in need of assistance.
- Failure to explain room changes and new roommates to existing residents.
- Failure to provide medically related social services to residents.
- Failure to keep the facility sanitary, orderly and comfortable.
- Failure to provide residents with appropriate devices (failing to provide a splint to residents in need).
- Medication errors.
- Improper dietary and nutritional plans for compromised residents.
- Failure to initiate infection-prevention control.
- Failure to give lab services and tests in a timely manner.
April 21, 2016 Survey
An April 2016 survey of the ManorCare Delray Beach facility resulted in the following citations:
- Failure to make sure each resident receives an accurate assessment by a qualified doctor or health care provider.
- Failure to provide care to residents to ensure the dignity and individuality of the patient.
- Failure to cook and serve food in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Failure to administer or label prescriptions according to professional standards.
Lawsuits Against ManorCare of Delray Beach
Our Delray Beach nursing home abuse law firm has extensive experience pursing cases against this individual facility. Most cases resolve for a confidential amount.
Below are some prior publicly filed lawsuits filed against ManorCare Delray.
Estate of Doris Brownstein v. ManorCare of Delray Beach
This wrongful death lawsuit involved allegations of the facility failing to prevent and recognize aspiration pneumonia.
Jeffrey Dicker v. Manor Care of Delray Beach
This was a fall case against ManorCare Delray where a visitor slipped and fell and injured himself on the facility property.
Estate of Estelle Tolman v. ManorCare Delray Beach
This wrongful death case alleged that ManorCare staff failed to appropriately monitor their resident, resulting in infection, open wounds, weight loss and eventually, her death.
Angelina Farina v. ManorCare of Delray Beach FL, LLC d/b/a Manor Care Health Services
The former ManorCare resident suffered a fall on 10/11/13 which resulted in a subdural hematoma (brain bleed) injury. She lived and the lawsuit was brought by her power of attorney.
Estate of Dora Rauch v. Manor Care of Delray Beach
The allegations in this case against ManorCare Delray involved multiple nursing home falls, one of which resulted in an intertrochanteric fracture.
Estate of Alexander Hitz v. Manor Care Delray Beach Nursing Home
This wrongful death case alleged that ManorCare staff failed to provide appropriate offloading, and as a result, the resident developed a large Stage IV nursing home bedsore.
More Questions on a Potential Claim Against Manor Care of Delray Beach?
Our experienced, compassionate attorneys are available to speak to you about your claim. Let our years of experience with this facility help maximize your recovery. Call us today at 561-717-0817 or complete the contact form below.
« Previous PostNext Post »