Recently, an appellate court upheld a trial court verdict against Manor Care and its parent company, HCR ManorCare Inc. The case involved resident John Jarman who was admitted to a Manor Care nursing home following a leg fracture. Mr. Jarman’s family claimed he suffered nursing home neglect and wrongful death. The jury agreed.
Failing to Prevent Pressure Sores in the Manor Care Nursing Home
Due to Mr. Jarman’s compromised physical condition, he was determined to be at risk for pressure sores. As a result, Manor Care staff was required to turn and reposition the resident at least every two hours to prevent bedsores in the nursing home. The Plaintiff claimed Manor Care failed to do this and the jury agreed, deliberating and awarding the Plaintiff in excess of $190,000. The case went up on appeal but the higher court affirmed the verdict.
Case Against Manor Care?
Our lawyers have sued Manor Care for nursing home abuse in the following kinds of cases:
Let our experience work for your case. We always offer free consultations so we are happy to advise you on your legal options going forward. Call us today, toll-free, for your free potential verdict evaluation in your claim: 1-844-253-8919.
Quick Glance as to Why Senior Justice is Different
- 50+ years of unique litigation experience specifically focusing on Florida nursing home abuse.
- More than $100 million awarded and/or recovered on behalf of our clients and their families.
- “Big firm resources” “small firm culture” allows us to take cases to trial against large firms, but still provide 1 on 1 attorney focus on your case.
- Senior trial attorney Jeff Fenster has been instrumental in forming appellate case law on long term care litigation and has some of the largest jury verdicts in Florida on this topic.
- Multiple office locations to better serve our clients:
Contact us now for your free case evaluation.