Lawsuits, Complaints and Violations Against Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens of Prosperity Oaks
Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens Assisted Living Profile
Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens is located at 11381 Prosperity Farms Road Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410. The legal licensee was S-H OPCO Prosperity Oaks, but in 2018, it changed to BKD PALM BEACH GARDENS, LLC. In reality, the facility is run by the Brookdale parent company, which is one of the largest long term care corporations in America. Our lawyers have extensive experience suing Brookdale in assisted living negligence lawsuits and we can help you if your loved one was injured inside Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens’ facility.
2019 Update on Inspections
This post was updated on 4-12-19.
2017 Department of Health Investigation and Inspection Results
An unannounced relicensure survey was conducted at Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens on June 6, 2017 which resulted in multiple citations for deficiencies. The state surveyors found the following violations:
- Failing to administer medication in accordance with Florida’s Administrative Code, resulting in medication errors.
- Failing to appropriately screen and document resident fall risk.
The May 2015 Survey at Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens
An unannounced biennial survey was conducted at Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens off Prosperity Oaks on May 14, 2015. The resulting report confirms the assisted living facility had deficiencies, including:
- Failing to properly complete a resident’s care plan.
- Failing to provide a safe and decent living environment for residents.
- Residents were seen unattended in the hallway without shoes or socks on.
- Nurses stored latex gloves in their pockets.
- Trash chutes had excessive build up, leading to germs and infection.
- Failing to document and/or complete required training of staff.
Lawsuits vs. Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens
To date, there have been no assisted living negligence lawsuits filed against the facility. However, historically, our lawyers have sued similar assisted living facilities for these injuries:
- Wandering, also referred to as elopement
- Medication mistakes
- Pressure ulcers
- Weight loss
- Unexplained fractures and undocumented injuries
- Wrongful death
Suing Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens off Prosperity Oaks?
Let Our Experience Maximize Your Recovery
Our attorneys routinely represent victims of Florida assisted living negligence. We have recovered millions of dollars for families of victims and we have specific experience in pursuing claims against this Palm Beach Gardens Brookdale facility.
If you have questions on a potential case against Brookdale Palm Beach Gardens, contact our compassionate and experienced attorneys today for your free case consultation: 561-717-0817.« Previous PostNext Post »