During an unannounced 5/19/2016 visit by State of Florida AHCA inspectors, the Heartland of Boca nursing home facility was found to have deficiencies. The facility was cited for violating 42 CFR Part 483 governing the requirements for long term care facilities. Heartland of Boca Raton is on the state of Florida’s nursing home watch list until 1/31/2017 for prior complaints. These complaints against the Heartland of Boca facility do not imply Boca Raton nursing home negligence. However, if you suspect your family member was abused or neglected inside a facility, you should investigate the matter further.
Complaints Against Heartland of Boca in Recent 2016 Survey
The state investigation specifically found and verified the following complaints against the Heartland of Boca Raton nursing home:
- Violation of F-425: Failing to provide required, prescribed medications to 1 out of 5 sampled residents.
- Violation of F-364: Failing to provide pureed food properly for residents who had a physician order to eat only a pureed diet.
- Violation of F-371: Failing to store, preserve and serve food in a sanitary manner.
- Violation of F-431: Failing to appropriately store medication (prescription drugs), failing to refrigerate medication that required refrigeration, and failing to discard expired prescription medication.
- Violation of N090: The Heartland of Boca nursing home facility failed provide prescribed medications in a timely manner for 1 of the 5 residents the state investigators sampled.
This post has been updated in 2019. Since the May 19, 2016 inspection, Heartland of Boca Raton has been inspected or surveyed 17 more times, resulting in more citations. These citations include 2018 violations of emergency preparedness and fire code violations. However, a recent December 20, 2018 complaint survey resulted in no deficiencies.
Heartland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center of Boca Raton Placed on Florida’s Nursing Home Watch List
Heartland of Boca nursing home has been placed on Florida’s nursing home watch list from 8/28/15 to 9/18/15 and from 7/31/14 to 1/31/17 for Deficiency N0201, which is defined as follows:
The right to receive adequate and appropriate health care and protective and support services, including social services; mental health services, if available; planned recreational activities; and therapeutic and rehabilitative services consistent with the resident care plan, with established and recognized practice standards within the community, and with rules as adopted by the agency.
Suing Heartland of Boca Raton for Nursing Home Abuse
While it is unclear whether any of the above complaints against the Heartland of Boca facility resulted in legal action, as Boca Raton nursing home abuse lawyers, our attorneys have handled multiple nursing home abuse cases against Heartland of Boca. Learn more about lawsuits against Heartland. We have also successfully sued ManorCare, the owner of Heartland of Boca, as well. If you have a complaint against Heartland of Boca Raton for your loved one’s care, call our nursing home abuse law firm now for your free consultation at 561-717-0817.
Join the fight against nursing home negligence. If you see elder abuse inside a facility, do something about it.
« Previous PostNext Post »