Searching for previous lawsuits against Manor Care of Naples for negligence? Researching prior inspections reports and surveys conducted by AHCA? Our Naples nursing home abuse attorneys explain prior litigation against, and state inspection results at, Manor Care of Naples.
Manor Care of Naples: 6 Quick Things You Need to Know
- Manor Care of Naples is located at 3601 Lakewood Blvd. in Naples, Florida, right off of Tamiami Trail.
- The skilled nursing facility has 120 beds and is owned and operated as a for profit corporation.
- The legal licensee (license holder) of the nursing home is called Manor Care of Naples FL, LLC.
- Although locally staffed, the facility is owned and controlled by a massive corporate chain of facilities operated out of Ohio.
- Manor Care of Naples has been cited for more than 50 deficiencies in the past 5 years of AHCA inspections.
- ManorCare Naples has also been sued 4 times in the past 5 years in civil lawsuits alleging nursing home negligence.
Free Manor Care Naples Case Evaluation
Call Our Nursing Home Abuse Law Firm Now:
Manor Care of Naples Lawsuits for Nursing Home Negligence, Falls, Bedsores and Wrongful Death
Estate of Daniel Rhodes vs. Manor Care of Naples, FL LLC
Allegations: Failing to monitor signs and symptoms of infection in Mr. Rhodes, failing to prevent decubitus ulcers [bedsores] in Mr. Rhodes, and failing to properly train, supervise and provide adequate staff.
Result: The case resolved in a confidential settlement on 7-19-2017.
McCrave vs. Manor Care of Naples
Allegations: The Manor Care of Naples staff failed to develop an adequate care plan and properly monitor and supervise the care and treatment provided to Mr. McCrave, and as a result, he developed heel wounds which became infected.
Result: The case remains pending before the 20th Judicial Circuit Court in Collier County.
Estate of Robert Hall vs. Manor Care of Naples, FL LLC
Allegations: During Mr. Hall’s reisdency at Manor Care of Naples, the staff failed to properly monitor and supervise Mr. Hall, resulting in cardiac arrest. It was also alleged that Manor Care Naples employees failed to timely transfer him to the hospital when his condition worsened. Mr. Hall died on 1-26-2013.
Result: The case resolved in a confidential settlement and was dismissed by the parties on 1-10-2017.
Estate of Duffy vs. Manor Care of Naples
Allegations: Mr. Duffy was a resident of Manor Care of Naples. While a resident, it is alleged that the staff failed to properly document and prevent his falls and UTI’s.
Result: The case settled against Manor Care of Naples and was dismissed by agreement of the parties on 4-6-15.
Survey Deficiencies at Manor Care of Naples
3-8-18 Survey: Deficiencies Cited
The March 8, 2018 survey by State Officials resulted in citations, including failure to properly screen an CNA (aide) background.
3-6-18 Survey: Deficiencies Cited
This 3/6/18 AHCA survey included 6 violations against Manor Care of Naples, including fire code and safety violations.
6-7-17 Survey: Deficiencies Cited
A June 7, 2017 surprise MDS survey was conducted. State officials found that “Manorcare Nursing and Rehabilitation Center [of Naples] is not in compliance with Code of Federal Regulations 42, Part 483, Requirements for Long Term Care Facilities.”
2-23-17 Survey: Deficiencies Cited
The February 2017 inspection at Manor Care of Naples resulted in numerous citations (10+) including but not limited to failure to:
- provide housekeeping and maintenance;
- make sure the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks to prevent accidents and falls;
- store and cook food in a safe and clean manner;
- infection control;
- pest control;
- maintain the facility in a manner consistent with maintaining resident safety;
- conduct quality assessment and assurance groups to review deficiencies;
- fire and safety code violations.
1-5-17 Survey: Deficiencies Cited
Experience Matters. Find the Right Lawyers for Your Case.
If you are contemplating legal action against Manor Care of Naples, or any other Florida facility, Senior Justice Law Firm is here to help. We have extensive experience representing victims of negligence in lawsuits against Manor Care.
Call us now for your free Manor Care of Naples case consultation: 561-717-0817.
All calls are completely complimentary. We work exclusively on contingency fee, so you pay us nothing unless we collect damages for you. Primary above all else, our attorneys care and we focus our legal practice on claims against negligent nursing homes.
Let our experience, compassion and work ethic assist you on your path to justice.
Call us now to see how we can help your family navigate a family tragedy.« Previous PostNext Post »