Inspired Living at Ocoee is a 150 bed for-profit assisted living facility located at 1061 Tomyn Boulevard in Ocoee, Florida. The Orange County, FL A.L.F. is subject to jurisdiction for a lawsuit in Orange County. This facility’s AHCA field office is 7.
Inspired Living Ocoee is Under New Management
Inspired Living Ocoee’s assisted living license is held by a Florida limited liability company called Senior Living IX Windermere, LLC. This company was formed in August of 2017. The management company is Validus Senior Living REIT Investment Management Company, LLC. This facility’s current license is effective as of 6/1/2018 and a Change in Ownership was officially reported on 6/27/2018. As of this post, the current management and ownership has been operating the facility for less than a year.
Lawsuits Against Inspired Living at Ocoee
Currently there have been no lawsuits filed against Inspired Living Ocoee.
Neither our assisted living abuse lawyers, nor any other firm, has filed a civil complaint against the A.L.F.’s current ownership.
Inspection Results for Inspired Living Ocoee
Despite there not being any lawsuits, judgments, reported settlements or verdicts against Inspired Living Ocoee, there have been state inspections.
Since the June of 2018 change in ownership, the facility has been inspected numerous times, resulting in the following deficiencies.
July 9, 2018 Inspection at Inspired Living Ocoee
At the 7/9/2018 inspection at Inspired Living Ocoee resulted in the following violations and deficiencies:
- Failing to ensure that residents were treated with consideration for their needs;
- Failing to timely answer call bells for assistance for 3 of 3 residents sampled;
- Failing to ensure a licensed nurse administers medication (meds given by unlicensed staff);
- Failing to make every reasonable effort to ensure prescription medication was refilled in a timely manner; and,
- Failing to have a comprehensive emergency management plan approved by the local agency.
August 16, 2018 Inspection at Inspired Living Ocoee
At the 8/16/2018 inspection at Inspired Living Ocoee resulted in the following violations and deficiencies:
- Failing to ensure that residents met the continued residency criteria for a Florida assisted living facility based on their 1823 form;
- Failing to meet 58A-5.109(2) of the Florida Administrative Code relating to staffing;
- Failing to provide appropriate in-service training to staff;
- Failing to appropriately screen employees via a criminal background check in accordance with 435.12(2).
November 1, 2018 Inspection at Inspired Living Ocoee
At the 11/1/2018 inspection at Inspired Living Ocoee resulted in the following violations and deficiencies:
- Failing to notify in writing each resident (or resident’s legal rep) that the emergency power plan was submitted to the local emergency management agency.
February 7, 2019 Inspection
A 2/7/2019 inspection at Inspired Living at Ocoee resulted in 0 deficiencies.
Demand Senior Justice
If you feel that your family member has a potential lawsuit against Inspired Living Ocoee or any other Orlando-area assisted living facility, let our Florida ALF negligence law firm help you achieve justice.
Cases against negligent nursing homes and assisted living facilities are our firm focus. Let our years of experience help you weigh your legal options.
Call now for a free case consultation: 1-844-253-8919« Previous PostNext Post »