Freedom Pointe at the Villages Lawsuit Information, Prior Citations and Sanctions for Professional Negligence
Freedom Pointe, located at 1460 El Camino Real Drive in The Villages, Florida offers both skilled nursing and assisted living with memory care. The facility is for profit and owned by Brookdale, a national long term care conglomerate. Freedom Pointe at the Villages has been accused of neglecting residents in lawsuits, wrongful death cases, surveys and agency inspections. Our Villages nursing home abuse attorneys explain.
Health Inspection Rating for Freedom Pointe
As of this post, Freedom Pointe received a below average (2 Star) health inspection rating from Medicare. In it’s prior standard health inspection, Freedom Pointe received 8 health citations, which is almost double the average number of health citations for Florida facilities (4.6 on average).
A 2017 health inspection report details failures involving:
- housekeeping and maintenance
- assessments of resident functional capacity
- preventing loss of range in motion for a resident who entered the nursing home with full range of motion
- follow special therapeutic diets
- store food in a safe manner
- maintain drug records and properly label/mark drugs
- have a program that investigates, controls and keeps infection from spreading
- keep accurate and complete resident records
Lawsuits Filed Against Freedom Pointe at the Villages
The following cases were filed against Freedom Pointe in the Villages alleging nursing home neglect, abuse and/or negligence resulting in injury.
Estate of Margaret K. Short vs. Freedom Pointe at the Villages
- This case involved nursing home negligence allegations against Freedom Pointe and Brookdale resulting in bedsores.
Estate of Shirley Brooks vs. Freedom Pointe and Brookdale
- This lawsuit against Freedom Pointe and Brookdale involved allegations of wrongful death.
Free Case Consultation
If you suspect you or a loved one might have a viable negligence case against Freedom Pointe, or another long term care facility, contact our skilled and compassionate Florida nursing home abuse attorneys today. The call and the consultation are totally free and we only take a fee if we collect compensation for you. Call us now to see how we can help: 1-844-253-8919.« Previous PostNext Post »