Grand Villa Delray Beach – A Tale of Two Facilities
Grand Villa operates two different Assisted Living Facilities in Delray Beach that are located within a mile of each other. One ALF is known as Grand Villa of Delray East while the other assisted living is called Grand Villa of Delray West. Both Grand Villa Delray assisted living facilities offer the same level of care, however, Grand Villa of Delray East has historically faced more trouble than its neighbor to the west.
Grand Villa of Delray East – Lawsuits, Complaints and License Issues
Our Boca area assisted living abuse attorneys have handled cases against Grand Villa of Delray East for neglect and we are well acquainted with the facility. In 2015, the Grand Villa East Delray facility was prevented from accepting new residents after a series of state surveys revealed widespread neglect. State investigators found that in some instances, the negligence of Grand Villa Delray East resulted in wrongful death.
Change in Ownership at Grand Villa of Delray East, But Has Anything Changed?
In a recent Change in Ownership survey, the Grand Villa East Delray ALF was cited for the ceiling being in disrepair and a strong smell of mildew in the hallway.
Prior Lawsuits Against Grand Villa of Delray East
Estate of Esther Cohen v. Grand Villa of Delray East
Suspect your loved one was seriously injured or wrongfully died due to neglect at the Grand Villa of Delray East? Contact our experienced Boynton nursing home abuse lawyers today for your free case consultation. Let our unique experience guide you on your journey to justice.
Grand Villa of Delray West – Complaints, Reviews and Lawsuits
Located at 5859 Heritage Park Way, Delray Beach, FL, Grand Villa of Delray West has 167 beds inside the assisted living facility. The legal licensee for the facility is GV Delray West, LLC and the property is managed by IND-Ormond, LLC.
Recent Re-Licensure Survey Results in Multiple Violations
The State of Florida Agency for Healthcare performed an unannounced inspection of Grand Villa of Delray West on May 10, 2017. State surveyors cited Grand Villa of Delray West for the following deficiencies:
- Violations of Florida Residents Rights: the facility failed to maintain policies related to reporting elder abuse and neglect.
- Failing to provide access to a private telephone.
- Failure to follow Florida Administrative Code on Staffing Standards for an assisted living facility. Grand Villa of Delray West staff did not have appropriate paperwork confirming they were free of communicable disease.
- Failing to provide staff the appropriate in-service training materials. Required training materials for staff members include:
- reporting major adverse incidents,
- facility emergency procedures,
- recognizing and reporting incidents of resident abuse and neglect,
- preventing facility acquired bedsores,
- preventing elopement from the facility.
- Failing to ensure that all fire sprinkler heads are maintained in good working order in resident rooms.
- Failing to report 3 incidents of resident injury, neglect, exploitation or abuse to the appropriate state authorities.
- Older state surveys also indicate citations, violations and complaints against Grand Villa of Delray West for failing to appropriately document resident medication needs and failing to supervise at-risk residents.
Prior Lawsuits Against Grand Villa of Delray West
Former residents and their families have sued Grand Villa of Delray West in the following civil lawsuits:
Estate of Gerald Alpert v. Grand Villa of Delray West
Gerald Alpert suffered a fall on February 18, 2016 while a resident at Grand Villa Delray West and died 4 days later from blunt force trauma from the fall.
Do you have a potential claim against Grand Villa of Delray West? Contact our caring and experienced elder abuse attorneys today to discuss your potential case.
Free Claim Consultation
Call us now at 561-717-0817 to learn more about your legal options.
« Previous PostNext Post »