Plantation Attorney Jeff Fenster
Trial Attorney at Senior Justice Law Firm
Since 1972, attorney Jeff Fenster has focused his practice in representing victims of nursing home abuse, catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice. He has obtained some of Florida’s landmark jury verdicts in these legal fields and has shaped much of Florida’s appellate law on medical liability litigation.
Born in Miami in 1947, Mr. Fenster is a Florida native and one of the state’s preeminent trial attorneys. Over the past 45 years, Jeff Fenster has helped countless families achieve justice for their wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases. Mr. Fenster has tried over 70 civil jury trials to verdict, a rarified accomplishment in today’s settlement-driven legal climate. As a zealous advocate, lawyer Jeff Fenster’s unrivaled courtroom experience ensures his clients do not settle their cases at a discount. Let attorney Fenster’s experience help to answer your tough legal questions. Speak with attorney Jeff Fenster today in a free consultation by calling him now at 754-312-7202.
Attorney Jeff Fenster’s Past Jury Verdicts
- $78.5 million jury verdict for victim of medical malpractice in Orlando, after a 48-year-old mother of 2 was neglected by hospital staff, resulting in her falling into cardiac arrest and suffering an irreparable brain injury. This was the largest single medical malpractice verdict award in Florida’s history at the time. Henalori Shellow-McGee Orlando Regional Healthcare, 2002.
- $6.5 million jury verdict for a 28 year old suffering moderate brain damage. Reed v. Coyman, et. al, 1988.
- $6.1 million jury verdict for medical malpractice against a doctor for negligent bypass surgery. Estate of Campbell v. Shabanah, M.D., 2002.
- $4.9 million jury verdict against owner when resident was injured when a kitchen cabinet fell from the wall. Gonzalez v. Suarez, 2001.
- $3.7 million jury verdict for a tractor trailer accident resulting in serious injuries. Becker v. AAA Cooper Transportation, Inc., 1995.
- $2.1 million jury verdict against nursing home for inadequate care and supervision of its resident and the development of pressure ulcers. Specifically, the 80 year old resident was admitted to the rehabilitation center for a short term stay following a hip replacement. Days after her admission, the patient’s bed pan was accidentally spilled into the surgical wound, causing a severe infection which required debridement. The patient was also bedbound and unable to move. The nursing home staff failed to reposition the resident, and she developed stage 4 bedsores.
- McIntosh ex rel. Estate of McIntosh v. Persona Care of Pompano West, Inc. (2005), available at 2002 WL 32374384.
- $1.6 million jury verdict for fall resulting in permanent disability in Boca Raton. Cundari v. Lake Pine Village, Inc., 1992
- $856,836 jury verdict for nursing home negligence resulting in a fall and fractures of the right ankle and foot. Estate of Silverman v. Oakwood Terrace, 2001.
- $600,000 for a shooting of a man riding an ATV on private property. Lenker v. Scalzo, 2009.
- $502,599 verdict for a client who was injured from falling stereo speakers in a shopping center. Zebrowski v. Haisfield Enterprises of Florida, 1992.
- $500,000 jury verdict for a motorist failing to yield. Estate of Zymet v. Pugh.
- $401,000 award for a fall off a truck. McNeal v. General Crane, Inc. [have it in Fenster Verdicts]
- $385,752 plaintiff’s verdict for an elderly senior citizen falling at a grocery store. Cochrane v. Albertsons, Inc., 1987.
- $335,998 jury verdict for a mild brain injury case. Yates v. Glickman, 1997.
- $250,430 verdict for a car crash case. Schwimmer v. Doan, 1995.
- $144,000 arbitration award against assisted living facility for a resident falling and suffering broken bones.
The above jury verdicts do not include the numerous multi-million dollar settlements that Mr. Fenster has achieved for his clients over the past four decades.
Attorney Jeff Fenster’s Past Appellate Cases
- Benjamin v. Tandem Healthcare, Inc.
Supreme Court of Florida, 2008
Knowles vs. Beverly Gulf Coast-Florida Inc.
Supreme Court of Florida, 2004
- Estate of Strobel v. Sarasota Doctors Hospital
- Kluger v. White
Supreme Court of Florida, 1973
- Velilla v. VIP Care Pavilion Ltd.
- Estate of Davis v. Juanita, 1974
- Reed v. Schutz
- Hamilton v. Bogorad, 1973
- Koniuchowsky v. Brookdale Senior Living, Inc., Brookdale ALF
- Estate of Cardelles v. Catholic Health Services, Inc. d/b/a Anne’s Nursing Center
- General Crane, Inc. v. McNeal
- Estate of Collis v. Sun City Center Associates, Inc.
- Suarez v. Gonzalez
- Betancourt v. Smith
- Florida Department of Corrections v. Hanks
- Black v. Board of Trustees of Broward Community College
More About Plantation, FL Lawyer Jeff Fenster
Attorney Jeff Fenster is the Past President of the Broward County Justice Association, a member of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates), a past Vice Chairman of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee, and a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Fenster was appointed as Dean of the People’s Law School at Broward College which had a mission of educating patients and consumers on their legal rights. He is a partner at Fenster & Cohen and is fluent in Spanish. Mr. Fenster attended the University of Florida, graduating in 1969, and remained at UF to obtain his law degree, graduating in 1972. While at UF, he was chosen for membership in Florida Blue Key. He resides in Plantation with his wife, Laura.
- Florida Bar
- University of Florida, B.S., 1969
- University of Florida, J.D., 1972
Contact Plantation Lawyer Jeff Fenster Today
Senior Justice Law Firm
111 N. Pine Island Road
Plantation, FL 33324